Thursday, September 18, 2008

Week 3..

Hello all! Here are some highlights-
Tuesday we talked about the number 1! We did do a practice sheet working on printing a #1 but I kept that for their binders. (Just a note: I will also keep all the letters and other number sheets to add to their binder.)
We also started our letter of the week starting with "A". We read a story about Abby Alligator and practiced our sounds for A- there are three of them so see if your child remembers.
Wednesday we talked about Goldilocks and the three bears. They ate oatmeal- like crazy! I was shocked!! Also colored our own story books and have their own puppets of the characters. With this class, I have started practicing their names because they will be in kindergarten next year and I want them to be prepared!
Thursday we talked about the weather and what we wear in different types of weather. We made a Wally the weather duck book and made raindrops with our fingers :) They practiced printing today- I will probably start to individually work with the students on printing since I have such a young group. We will practice that next week...
Hope you have a great weekend- Next week we our going to have friend day on Tuesday, Apples on Wednesday and Opposites: happy/sad on Thursday! Thanks- Miss Alisha

Note on pictures- I will post them as soon as I have a functional computer- it is in the shop and I am using my hubby's work computer :)

No comments: