Friday, October 17, 2008

Weeks 6 & 7...

Well last week we had our Wednesday class on Tuesday and we talked about the weather- making our own weather wheels and reading "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs". (One of my favorite stories :)
Wednesday we made it to the pumpkin patch- hope all of you enjoyed our time there. It was really hot but I think that the kids enjoyed their time there-let me know if you think it is a fun field trip- I would like some feedback!

Week 7 we had a chance to have Orange day on Tuesday- with our orange playdough, orange snacks and orange letter "D" on our hand! We learned that orange is made by mixing red and yellow as well.
Wednesday we talked all about fire safety. From practicing stop, drop and roll to crawling low to the ground if there is smoke in your house. At the beginning of the month, I sent an info sheet about October is Fire Safety month- hope you were able to take some ideas off of it to talk to your children about.
Thursday we practiced, practiced, and did more practicing..the kids were tired of being with me- we worked on the number 2 and the letter "D". Definately harder for my students who don't have strong fine motor skills- please practice with them at home! Everything helps :)
Thanks so much for all you do....until next week :

Pumpkin Patch pictures


Week 6 pictures

No comments: