Sunday, September 19, 2010

Playtime-4 year olds- Sept 8, 2010

Our lessons this week were on getting used to preschool and going over our classroom rules & getting to know you.
The rules are:
Eat politely, Share, Listen, Put things away, cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, take turns, keep your hands to yourself (I call this one the octopus rule), raise your hand, help each other, and say please and thank you. There are posters on my wall for each rule to help them remember..I know it is hard sometimes to remember

I also told them about my special ears- I have manner ears- they only hear manners. If they are asking for something, I ask them “what?” or “I didn’t quite hear you.” – hopefully prompting them that they need to use their manners if they need something. They usually catch on quickly and their friends help them out if they forget.

We got to know each other with a small questionnaire about their senses. I had each child come up and we discussed the answer of what they gave. It was fun to find similarities with the students- they were so excited that they were alike.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: