Sunday, March 27, 2011

Friday March 4th- Patience

For our awesome Friday, we started with a variety of letters to practice at the table downstairs. Upstairs I had big plastic blocks and Mr. potato head ready to play with. During our play time, I measured each child’s height and asked them a few questions for our March all about me page for our binders. Nya helped us review our colors and shapes. We practiced counting and singing our songs at calendar time. I decided to start working on the letter G since we would only be working on it two days next week due to our field trip on Friday. We met Gilbert Goat who likes to play his guitar. He also likes to work in his garden. G is a sneaky letter though because he has two sounds- “ga” like in grapes and “ja” like in giraffe. We sang our song as we practiced our sign to the letter G. I read some words that start with the letter g- reviewing the two different sounds throughout.
We wiggled, ate our snack and then had some reading time with Ms. Alisha-I read the kids some of the books they asked me to. This took up some time from the lesson, but they loved reading the stories :) Nya shared her show and tell quickly and we practiced our poem for the month. We finished our March All about me pages and then came to the carpets for lesson time. Our class discussed patience and when we have to wait and be patient in life. After that, we went back to the table to complete a patience book about seeds and how we have to wait for them to grow but the payoff is beautiful!
For letter review, we had to match broken letter Easter eggs. At first each child was able to find their own letter- upper and lowercase and then tell me the letter and the sound. Then I gave each of them a letter to find and they had to find it out of the letters given. They did a great job with this activity! I gave them G stamp in green and we were finished for the week.

No comments: