Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thurs Oct 6th- Fairy Tales day

Thursday we had a fairy tale day to go along with our new monthly theme: I can imagine! I had my castle and tunnel and fort set up for some imagination play. I also brought out a big box of puppets for them to play with as well. At the beginning of each month, I measure how tall they have gotten and we complete a page about the month. I also worked on printing the letter “D” with each child. These pages will be in the binders at the end of the year. The fairy tales that were told were Little Red Riding Hood and Cinderella. I also talked about safety with strangers and how Little Red disobeyed her mom when she talked to a stranger. For Little Red Riding Hood, we made puppets for the kids to take home then they could tell the story to their families. For “D” time, we colored our “D” drum and read Duck and Goose find a pumpkin.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: