Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wednesday Sept 28th- birds of the forest

I did something different for scissor time- I had the kids roll out play dough to snakes and then they cut the play dough with the scissors. I brought out Julia, my daughter’s bird so we could observe her for our theme of the day. We did shape & color name cards to practice during circle time. We continued to work on the letter “A” and its three sounds. I read the book- The Biggest Apple Ever to the students. During our instruction time, we talked about finches, woodpeckers, and owls and birds in general. Then I did a patterning practice with the kids using the birds that we talked about. We do need help with recognizing patterns. They are everywhere- point them out to your child. These are early math skills that your child will use in kindergarten. I will continue to work with all the kids on them. For letter time, the students completed their Alvin Alligator worksheet finding all the animals and then coloring our alphabet friend. Each child got an apple scented sticker for A day. AM class
 
Posted by Picasa
PM class
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: