Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tues Oct 4th- circles

We practiced our scissor skills when we first came in and then off upstairs to play with Mr. Potato Head and duplos. Aspen was our star of the week. We started our new Nursery Rhyme- Jack & Jill. We are learning this one much faster than Jack Be Nimble. I have better actions for this month’s poem.  We colored our Jack & Jill booklets so we can practice with them at home. For our practice with circles, I took each child aside during play at the beginning of class and we practiced making our circles. After snacks and show and tell time, I read “What is round?” book to the class. Then we decorated circles with foam circle stickers and happy faced stickers. I also had each child stamp circles on their circle page. “D” was the letter of the week- we practiced our sign for the letter and its sound. I read the Alphatales story about Detective Dog and the disappearing doughnuts. Then I stamped their hands with the letter D and a circle.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: