Monday, October 18, 2010

Thursday Oct 7th- fairy tales day

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Thursday we had a fairy tale day to go along with our new monthly theme: I can imagine! I had each child practice tracing from left to right at table time. Afterwards, I had my castle and tunnel set up for some imagination play. I also brought out a big box of puppets for them to play with as well. At the beginning of each month, I measure how tall they have gotten and we complete a page about the month. This will be in the binders at the end of the year. The fairy tales that were told were Little Red Riding Hood and Cinderella. I also talked about safety with strangers and how Little Red disobeyed her mom when she talked to a stranger.
For each fairy tale, we made puppets for the kids to take home then they could tell the story to their families.
For “C” time- we colored our “C” page with crayons. They turned out quite colorful!!

No comments: