Monday, October 18, 2010

Wednesday Oct 13th- Fire Safety

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Wednesday: After printing practice, we went upstairs to play with links, legos and animals. Our theme for the day was fire safety. We read about “Firefighter Ted” and we talked about how we need to crawl when there is smoke in the house. I have a tunnel that I had each child climbed through and practiced yelling for mom and dad when they do smell smoke. We also talked about Stop, drop and roll and when we do this. We all practiced it and colored a worksheet about it. I discussed the “My family is fire safe” worksheet- teaching about fire detectors and what they do. I hope that your family can create a fire safety route in case of a fire so your family is safe.
For “L” practice, we colored our page about Lenny Lion and found the longest lizard. At the end of class, each of your children got a fire station helmet.

No comments: