Monday, October 18, 2010

Thursday Sept 30th-Opposites

 
Posted by Picasa

Thursday- Opposites: Happy and Sad; Noisy and quiet- Starting our day, each child placed beans on each of the letters of their name. This is for improving dexterity and also having the child to start to recognize each letter of their name. When we go upstairs, we played with nuts & bolts, wooden blocks and links. For our instruction time, we first discussed happy and sad. I asked to see happy faces and what makes them happy. We read a story “When I am feeling happy”. Afterwards, we discussed sad. I asked to see their sad faces and what makes them feel sad. We then read the story “When I am feeling sad”.
For noisy and quiet, we went downstairs and used my musical instruments. We talked about where we heard loud things and where we need to be quiet. We played the instruments loud and quiet to hear the difference.
When we were finished, we went upstairs and colored our “B” sheet. I also practiced the letter B with each child on the paper.

No comments: