Friday, March 9, 2012

Fri Dec 9- Holidays around the world

We started the day with Z printing practice at the table and then I had big blocks and links out for play time. Garrett helped with our circle time and we counted, sang and reviewed our date, weather and letter Z! After wiggle time and snacks, our star shared their show and tell. For our theme, we were talking about the holidays around the world. I started with a little book discussing different holidays that are celebrated during this season.- Christmas, Kwanzaa, Las Posadas, Eid al-Fitr and Diwali. I first started talking about Chanukah- we read “I have a little dreidel” and we sang the song afterwards. I purchased some dreidels and we played the game with pennies and then everyone got a prize of a lollipop at the end of class. We also added candles to a menorah on my window. We finished discussing Chanukah with a matching page with the Star of David, dreidel and menorah. For Kwanzaa, I read a story about the holiday. In it, it discussed the different themes they celebrate during this time. For letter time, we completed our letter friend- Z Zebra. Afterwards, we reviewed the sound and sign of Z as well as reviewing all the signs we have learned so far this year. Each child got the final Z stamp and we were done for the day.
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: