Friday, March 9, 2012

Mon Dec 5- African animals

At table time, we practiced our names and then the students played with winter shapes book and maniputives, duplos and animals. I worked on the letter Z with each student- showing them that the Z starts like a number 7 and then you add a leg on the bottom to keep it stable. I also measured each student’s height as we were completing our All about me December page today. I asked each student some questions regarding the page. Our star helped with our circle time. We counted to Christmas and zipped up and down as we did. We met Zach Zebra who has zippers on this clothes and loves to play with his toy zebra. We looked at our clothes and so far (with jackets included) we have all worn zippers this week! We practiced our sound-ZZZZ- and we did our sign. It is simple- making a Z in the air! I discussed words that begin with Z and took a peek at our story of the day- Zach the lazy zebra. After snack time, we finished our December All about me page. We drew a picture of ourselves, what kind of pet we would like if we could have ANY pet, what our wish was for Christmas and who our friends are. For our theme, I shared information about Africa- showing the continent on the globe and explaining the savannah and type of weather these animals live in- with wet or dry. I have a poster that I then shared with the class- showing the animals that we would be learning about. We talked about 5 animals- lions, zebras, elephants, rhinos, and giraffes. For letter time, we read Zach the lazy zebra. After stamps on our hands and practicing the sound and sign again, our day was complete!
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: