Friday, March 9, 2012

Tues Jan 3- I can be honest & welcome Anthony!

We practiced our names and then we played with my new magnetic dolls, duplos and puppets. I worked with Anthony on his first day fun. I also measured each child to see how tall they have gotten since last month. Chelsea was my little star of the week- she helped with our colors and shapes. At calendar time we had a few changes. Our season, month and year had all changed and we talked about each one. I started to teach them counting from 10-1- I call it blastoff counting and we shoot up into the air when we get to “blastoff” after one. We also started to learn our winter song and we learned a few new letters in our ABC song. A new nursery rhyme was introduced- Humpty Dumpty. We sang the song multiple times and colored our storybooks of the rhyme. These were sent home. You can go through them with your child to remind them of the rhyme throughout the month. After snack time and show and tell, I read a few books that the students wanted me to read to them from our new library of January books. Then we read our story- I can be honest to talk about our theme. We learned that it is important to tell the truth and be honest. I also told “The boy who cried wolf” story to them. We learned that it is important not to lie and to be honest in all things. For letter time, I reviewed the letters that we have already learned and we practiced each of their sounds. After that we lined up and finished our first day back!
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: