Friday, March 9, 2012

Tues Dec 13- Construction

Our students practiced their names and then they were off to play with littlest pet shop, cars and trucks on the mat, colorful bear maniputives and magnetic snowmen. I worked with each child on the letter L but they did this one all by themselves- great job! Kayden was my helper in our new classroom! We counted to Christmas to see how far it was. We also practiced our ABC song and learned about the letter L. We pretended to lick a lollypop and I had them look at my tongue on the back of my front teeth so they could practice the sound correctly. After our wiggle time and snacks, Kayden shared his show and tell. Then we practiced our nursery rhyme- Little Jack Horner and the class passed it off- all picking out a prize for memorizing it. Our theme for the day was construction. I talked about cranes, dump trucks, concrete mixer and bulldozer. Then I had a variety of different construction books that the students chose from for me to read about. To review the vehicles that we talked about we did a matching page- each child cut the vehicles out and then glued them next to their match. During this time, my mom was over helping the children on their Christmas presents. For letter time, we colored our L sheet- ladybug on a leaf and then we read the story-The Lamb who loved to laugh. We found all the “L” pictures and then we practiced the L sound. I reviewed the sound with each child as I stamped their hand.
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: