Friday, March 9, 2012

Thurs Dec 1-Transportation

Downstairs we began our day with scissor practice and the kids proceeded upstairs to play with Mr. Potato head, puppets and wooden blocks. I pulled each child side to measure their growth and ask them a few questions for out All about me December page and then did the rotation again for practicing the letter J. I allowed the children to do this letter on their own and they did great! Molly helped us review our colors and shapes again. We also jiggled as we counted to 15. We practiced our letter of the week- J and the “ja” sound it makes. After we wiggled, ate our snack and did show and tell, we came to the table to finish coloring our All about me page for December. Because of the new month, we learned a new nursery rhyme-Little Jack Horner. We did a review of the nursery rhymes that we have learned so far during snack time and then we went on to Little Jack Horner. I show pictures of the rhyme first then each child colored their own nursery rhyme books which came home with them in their folders. “I can go” is our new theme for the month and we talked about transportation. I showed them a poster of all kinds of methods of transportation-cars, trucks, airplanes and even strollers and bikes! We talked about how we travel daily- cars, vans, taxis, and buses. I also mentioned how important it is to be safe and use a booster seat/car seat with a seat belt when we drive. We pretended to drive in our SUVs up a mountain. They are going to be fun drivers! For J time, I read the story “Jamberry” and then we went to the table to color our Jack o’Lantern page for the letter J practice. I gave them their J stamp and we were finished with the week.

No comments: