Friday, March 9, 2012

Wed Nov 23- Thanksgiving celebration

Downstairs, the students did a scissor activity and then played with puzzles, food and babies. Our star helped with circle time and we jumped counting until 30. Before we started with learning about the first Thanksgiving, we finished coloring our J sheets. I also sent home some activities that we were not able to get to in class for over the weekend practice. Through a felt story, we learned all about the first pilgrims and Native Americans. How the pilgrims came to American and why and how they got help from their new friends. I showed the students on the globe where the Pilgrims came from and where they lived when they got to America. I had a little finger play about Ted the Turkey and the students helped me with 10 little Indians song. We also had to help Mr. Turkey’s colorful feathers that were hidden all over the room. The kids loved this and we did it twice :) We also looked at some books of what real Pilgrims and Native Americans would have looked like at the time of the first Thanksgiving- their houses, clothes and how they had to live. At the end of class, I made each of the kids a pilgrim hat and I had to take some group pictures. I hope that you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving bread! (I could only find the AM class picture- sorry!!)

No comments: