Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Friday November 5th- #6 day

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

At table time, we practiced the letter “V” again and stamped our letters in violet. Upstairs, we played with food and tinker toys. While the kids played, I practiced the number six with each of them.
It was a special day for Campbell- we were celebrating his unbirthday! His birthday is November 6th. He helped me again with shapes, colors and calendar time. We continued to talk about Vinnie Vulture and the letter “V”.
Campbell and Ethan both passed off the monthly poem! I have some quick learners in this class- I have a few others that were almost there so a little more practice will allow them to get that prize from the coveted prize jar.
A funny note: their favorite thing out of the prize bucket is the dum dum lollipops!! I even stocked with all sorts of fun prizes and they love the littlest lollipops the most. When it is your child’s birthday they get to pick out two prizes from the jar/bucket and Campbell picked two dum dums- whatever makes them happy.
For our snacks, we had yummy doughnuts for Campbell’s birthday treat. He told me that they can never have sprinkles at home and now I understand why they have that rule- definitely messy.
At instruction time, we sang our numeral song making our numbers in the air. I read our number 6 poem about how bugs have six legs. I practiced again on a white board how to make the number six. At the table, we found the number six on various flags and we had to color them. I sent home another sheet for practice at home.
For alphabet time, we cut out Vinnie in his van and various pictures starting with v and other letters. I have each child recognize the pictures with the letter v and those are the only ones that we pasted on his journey.

No comments: