Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tuesday November 30th- #5 day

 
Posted by Picasa

At table time, we worked on scissor skills and upstairs, we played with the food, foam blocks and wooden blocks. I took each child aside to work on the number 5 with them. Shiann was our star and she helped with our colors and shapes. We worked on counting. We are not as fluent with counting as I thought we were.
Homework: We need some help so please help your child at home with counting. I will be concentrating counting to 10 and then working from there. We have been counting to 15 but I think some of the students have been overwhelmed with that. If you could also help them with counting items by touching each thing as they count. When we count in class, we have been having a hard time with this too.
From calendar time, we met our new letter friend- Izzy Iguana who likes to live in an igloo and eat ice cream. We practiced the two sounds- the short and long sounds. I explained that “I” is a vowel so it is special to have two sounds. We also practiced the sign- our little pinkie finger up in the air.
Because this was the last day of the month, we practiced Little Miss Muffet one last time. I sent home a homework sheet with putting legs on the spider, Little Miss Muffet and her tuffet.
For class time, we read our 5 poem, sang our numeral song up to five as we traced the numbers in the air and counted up to 5 in Spanish. We learned that cinco is 5 in Spanish. On our practice sheet, we put 5 insects in the jar. We also parked five cars- coloring and cutting them out. Each child glued one in each parking spot on the worksheet. I was counting with each child-one on one the cars in the spots. Some of the students didn’t know up to 5 with counting. I will be doing more of a focus on this in the next month.
For letter time, we read “Iguana on ice” and we also practiced our sign and sounds again. We got our letter “I” stamp and we were gone for the day.

No comments: