Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thursday November 18th- square

 
Posted by Picasa

At table time, we practiced preprinting tracing and then went upstairs to play with Mr. Potato head and big plastic blocks. During this time, I pulled get child aside to practice making squares- the kids did a great job with this! Claire still was my little helper at circle time. We also practiced our nursery rhyme- Little Miss Muffet. The kids are doing a great job remembering this song- I do little actions to help prompt them of the lyrics. Afterwards, we made our little miss muffet puppets and we practiced singing the song with them.
For our square day, we made our square art with foam stickers and stampers then we talked about squares- how many sides they have and what things around us are made of squares. I sent the “blocks can be squares” worksheet home for extra practice.
For “H” time, we colored our H sheets and I practiced the “H” with each child.

No comments: