Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thursday December 2nd- Transportation

 
Posted by Picasa

At table time, we started practicing our names on the back of our folders. This will be a weekly thing from now on. If you want to get a dry erase marker to practice at home, they work great and it will be awesome practice for your child.
Upstairs, we played with cars and trucks and puzzles. Shiann was our star & helped with circle time duties. We continued to practice the letter “I” with its sounds and sign. Because of the new month, we learned a new nursery rhyme-Little Jack Horner. We did a review of the nursery rhymes that we have learned so far and then we went on to Little Jack Horner. I show pictures of the rhyme first then each child colored their own nursery rhyme books which came home with them in their folders.
I can go is our new theme for the month and we talked about transportation. I showed them a poster of all kinds of methods of transportation-cars, trucks, airplanes and even strollers and bikes! We talked about how we travel daily- cars, vans, taxis, and buses. I also mentioned how important it is to be safe and use a booster seat/car seat with a seat belt when we drive. We sang the wheels on the bus and we pretended to drive in our SUVs up a mountain. They are going to be fun drivers!
For “I” time, we colored the letter “I” sheet and I practiced printing the letter with them and their names. They played with the cars and trucks for a bit before class was over and then it was time to go.

No comments: