Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday December 1st- Outback animals

 
Posted by Picasa

At table time, we practiced our names. We are done with our preprinting activities- we will be doing our names from now on. I will also be practicing their names on all our worksheets we do. Upstairs we played with the cars and trucks and Lincoln Logs. Zach was my helper again at circle time. We continued to practice the letter K-sign and sound. We did our karate k kicks again too. I introduced the students to the December poem about Our Peppermint Stick. These students are some smart kids- they catch on quickly!
I got a Santa countdown page for each of the students to glue on a cotton ball for each day. They colored the face of Santa and I sent it home with them. It is a great counting practice for them plus it is fun for the kids to countdown to their special day.
Our theme of the day was outback animals. I got out the globe and showed the kids where Australia and New Zealand were. I talked about the climate and where the animals are found and what they eat. We discussed kangaroos, koalas, kiwis and kookaburras. We cut out some matching cards and played memory at the table. I sent home the kookaburra color sheet for fun.
For letter practice, we finished our “K”-King flying a kite worksheet from Monday. We also finished a maze of koala to kangaroo and we colored Katie Koala. We got our lowercase K on our hands and were done!

No comments: