Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Monday November 15th- Making music








 
Posted by Picasa

At table time, we practiced with our scissors. Upstairs we played with Mr. Potato head and dress up stuff. I got all new set of costumes and the kids had a fun time with them. I practiced the letter “M” with each student. Jackson was our star so he helped me with our circle time activities. We met some new letter friends- Mary and Marsha Mouse. They are twins- Mary is merry or happy and Marsha is always mad! I did snacks because I had made the kids a birthday treat for my special day- chocolate chip cookies, marshmallows and mini ones too for our “M” week.
Our arts theme for the day was to make music so we went downstairs to practice making music. We used my sand blocks first then I let the kids have a chance to play all the different instruments that I have. We went back upstairs and listened to a CD and I had the kids let me know if it was noise or music. Afterwards, we did a patterning sheet of different instruments.
For the letter “M” time, we read our M story and practiced the sound and the sign for the letter.

No comments: