Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday May 20th- Sun safety/water day

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa
The class started the day with picking two letters to practice and then went upstairs to play with littlest pet shop and little legos- a day of “littles”. I worked with each child to print their names on their handprints of the shirts. Cole was the star but because I was going through our graduation practice, we only worked on the date, weather and sight word of the day- that. We also broke this letter apart to see all the parts it had. –at and -hat but we discovered that if we took the “a” out then it wouldn’t be a word anymore because it needs a vowel.
We wiggled and then ate our birthday cupcakes from Zach and we sang Happy Birthday to him since he would be gone on his actual birthday. I had all the kids look at books as I cleaned up and set the chairs up for our graduation practice. I am trying to get them used to sitting in their chairs and standing up & sitting down when asked. We counted, sang, and practiced our poems for the graduation ceremony.
Once we finished, I talked just a bit about water and sun safety with the children and then we lined up for heading to the park. The kids were a great help and I think they had fun with their friends at the park. We ate popsicles and had a water balloon fight. The weather was much nicer than Wednesday so I am glad that we postponed it! I had a great day with my sweeties.

No comments: