Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mon Sept 26th- forest animals

We started our day with name practice. I had all the letters of their name on the table. They took their letters and had to put them in order and then tell me what letters they are. Some of us know our names and some of us do not so I am trying to have them memorize and then we can move on to printing them by themselves. Upstairs we played with animals and babies and I practiced the letter A with each child. Then I brought out a special treat- my daughter's guinea pigs. All your children pet them and had some fun watching them. We talked about the forest animals. I have a poster of the animals and each child we able to come and find an animal in the forest and I gave them some facts about each one. Deer, foxes, bears, beavers, snakes, chipmunks, and groundhogs are the animals we discussed. We also did a worksheet about matching each animal to their home. For the letter “A” we learned the sounds- the “A”, “aahh” and “uuh”- I talked about how “A” is special because it is the only letter with three sounds and how it is also a vowel that helps to make words. We found that we had vowels in all of our names and how those letters are so important!
 

 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: