Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday May 6th- Mother and father's day gifts

 

Posted by Picasa
Downstairs each child was able to pick which letter they wanted to practice and then we came upstairs for time with the wooden blocks and tinker toys. I was working with each student on helping them dip the mom’s strawberries in chocolate. They had fun making them for you and enjoyed licking the chocolate off their fingers. I got them packaged and then we had a quick circle time as I was the “Star” today. We had calendar, counting, singing and a good review of all of our sight words. After that we wiggled to two songs so that I could lead on the first and then clean up the table on the second. Then it was snack time followed with book exploration and Owen sharing this show and tell since I didn’t have anything to share.
I did read the students two books that I used to read my children when they were young- especially Emma. “Mommies are for counting stars” and “Daddies are for catching fireflies”. They liked the lift the flap parts of the book. After that we colored our questionnaires and drew pictures of mom and me on the back. Then each child printed in the mother’s day cards and added their names. As I prepped for painting time, the students visited with one another- there has been A LOT of visiting today (whether it was welcomed or not). Then I got each student in their aprons and we painted our Father’s day frames with white paint. They did a great job- sorry if you see remnants of white paint on them anywhere. I tried to clean them up as best as possible.
For the rest of the time, we practiced our sign ABC’s and then went into practicing the poems that each child is in charge for on graduation day.

No comments: