Friday, September 2, 2011

Tuesday May 3rd- Shapes review day

 

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa
Each student started the day with scissor practice and then we went upstairs to play with Mr. Potato Head and animals. During this time, I was measuring heights and asking the students questions for their last all about me page for May and also I was asking them questions about their mothers for the mother’s day questionnaire and I painted their hand for our strawberry cards for Mother’s day. (Busy morning)
Payten was my star and helper for circle time-she helped to pass out and collect our shape cards to review for shapes day. I introduced our new month May and the new calendar for it. We counted, sang and boogied to our alphabet song. We also sang to Garrett because today was his unbirthday. After we wiggled we had our snacks and explored all of the new books I had on the shelf for May.
For table time, we completed our last all about me page and then went into our lesson on shapes. We reviewed all the shapes again and talked about the amount of sides and differences and similarities that the shapes have. For matching practice, the students cut out shapes and then had to glue them right next to their matching shape. I really wanted to children to make sure that they were matching them just like the example was showing.
Once that was completed, we read “Shapes that roll” and saw that there are shapes all around our world. After our story, we came back to the table and made a chart of all the shapes that we made so far. Each child colored, cut and glued them on their chart so that it can be displayed so we can always remember the shapes we have learned about this year.
To finish class, I started to work on our newest and last nursery rhyme of the year- Little Boy Blue. We sang to the song a few times and then we were finished for the day. Garrett then handed out his birthday treat- pinwheels.

No comments: