Friday, September 2, 2011

Monday May 16th - Carnival games

 

Posted by Picasa
Scissor practice was our first project on the agenda- we have mastered some skills this year! Upstairs play time was with beads and Mr. Potato Head. I continued to work on assessing the students. Today we reviewed our letter sounds and recognizing capital letters. Nya was my star and she helped me with reviewing some more of our letter sounds. The class counted, reviewed the date, and sang. Nya helped with weather time and we learned a new sight word- That. I sounded it out for the class first and then they repeated it with me. We also practiced spelling it and I shared with them how we use it in a sentence in a variety of ways. I also reviewed the friends’ names of the books we have been reading. After wiggle time, we ate our snacks and did some book time. Nya shared her show and tell and then I talked a bit about our lesson for the day- carnival games. We talked about different games at a carnival- not many students had been to a carnival before so I had to share some memories I had with them about carnivals and what they have to offer. As a class we played a variety of different games.
We first started with bean bag toss on to a target- Benjamin and Zach tied with two hits on the red center. Afterwards, the students play a fishing game. I had a fishing pole and they had to “catch” a fish with a magnet. There were prizes written on the back of the fish and they could go pick them out of the prize jar after they caught them. Everyone got a dum dum pop and a small toy. As a class, we played two rounds of letter of the week bingo. Everyone earned a sticker. We played first with letter pictures and then with just recognizing the letters. Last game we played was the cake walk. Jackson brought in cupcakes for his unbirthday so I called out numbers and I had the cupcakes waiting on the table. Jackson was first and then I called out numbers and everyone ended up at the table. We sang to Jackson and then enjoyed our yummy cupcakes with a ring! Once we finished cleaning up, our carnival day had finished.

No comments: