Friday, September 2, 2011

Thursday May 5th- Mother and father's day gifts

Our day started with name practice. I am having each child practice on top of the dotted practice and then write their names on their own underneath. Upstairs I had cars, trucks, babies and wooden blocks ready for play time. I was working with each student on helping them dip the mom’s strawberries in chocolate. They had fun making them for you and enjoyed licking the chocolate off their fingers. I got them packaged and then we had a quick circle time as Payten as our star. It was also Payten’s unbirthday today- she brought the bag of goodies that you might have found in your child’s bag. Everyone love the goodies in those bags too- thanks Mandy for the snacks and goodies this week!
Payten helped with color practice. I have been showing the children the color words so they can start to become familiar with the words of the colors and not just seeing the colors. Circle time was great as we sang and counted and really started to practice for our presentation in a few weeks.
After we wiggled, ate our snacks and sang Happy Birthday to Payten, the children had book time as I prepped for our next activity. Payten shared her show and tell and then we practiced singing our nursery rhyme- Little Boy Blue. At the table, I had our books of the nursery rhyme ready to be colored.
((Side note: Your children will be performing these nursery rhymes at our presentation. I will be sending home their assignments on Tuesday so that you can start practicing at home with them. Each of them will be presenting their nursery rhyme with a friend so they won’t have to go up by themselves and some of my students will have more poems then other because of new friends that have moved in toward the last half of the school year.))
The children colored each page and then we practiced singing the song with our books.
For our lesson time, I read the students two books that I used to read my children when they were young- especially Emma. “Mommies are for counting stars” and “Daddies are for catching fireflies”. They liked the lift the flap parts of the book. After that we colored our questionnaires and drew pictures of mom and me on the back. Then each child printed in the mother’s day cards and added their names.
Then I got each student in their aprons and we painted our Father’s day frames with white paint. They did a great job- sorry if you see remnants of white paint on them anywhere. I tried to clean them up as best as possible. Some of us are messier painters than others.
After our painting, we packed our bags and headed downstairs to finish our day. I hope that the strawberries were enjoyed and that you moms have a very Happy Mother’s day!

No comments: