Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wed Sept 14th- Family and friends

For the letter B, I brought out my daughter's bird Julia and my hubby Josh helped each hold her if they wanted to. Some of the kids were more brave than the others- Julia is a sweet bird and did not harm any of your children :)
For class time, we discussed our family first. I read a story about families and then I sang a song and had each child tell who is in their family and if they had a picture to share, we showed that to the class. We also talked about how many people are in our families and compared and contrasted our families-brothers, sisters, older or younger, etc.
The students practiced their scissor skills when they made "I can be a friend" headband. After that we talked about being a friend and what makes a good friend. I read them a story and a poem and then we did a group activity/song about each of our friends in preschool.
For B time, we found all of Benny Bear's buttons and then color the worksheet.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: