Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Friday April 15th- Easter egg hunt & party

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa
Our class started with Y tracing practice downstairs and then stamping on yellow Y’s on the back of the sheet. Upstairs I had puzzles, star wars characters, links and some Easter activities at the table that I had made for them. There was a small, medium and large bunny match up, putting the right amount of birds in the numbered nests and the letter E sort.
Nya was gone and our play time was shortened due to our park trip so we went right into circle time after our rise and shine song and pledge. We had to do a wiggle song since we were full of wiggles (I am sure excited for our hunt). Afterwards, we reviewed our date, counted in English and Spanish, and sang days of the week and Macarena Months. We skipped weather and went right into sight word review. I had each boy come up and pick out two sight words that were upside down and they had to tell me what they were then show the class to review with them as well. For letter practice we worked with the sign and singing the song. By Friday they have it so it is just another review for them.  We wiggled again (Nya was here to pick out the song) and then Jackson’s mom had sent yummy cheddar bunnies and pretzel bunnies for snack today- so fun! We didn’t do book time or show and tell and we went right into letter Y time practice. We reviewed the two sounds and then I gave them instructions on our Y word review sheet. They had to find the YES word and then Yorkie could say Yes to all the Y words. Each child has to find 4 words out of 6 that start with the letter Y. They have improved by leaps and bounds since the beginning of the year- this would have been a hard activity for them to complete. After we finished, I got into our Easter party portion of the class.
I read the students two books- My first Easter and Easter Babies- a counting book. They enjoyed each one. We talked about some things that their families do at Easter. After that, each child wrote their names on their white paper bags to be used for our Easter egg hunt. Then I gave them a bag of stickers to decorate their bags with. I collected those for our hunt and cleaned up for our Easter cookie decorating.
I allowed each child to pick a cookie and color frosting to decorate with- they are seasoned pros with frosting . They also got a little cup of sprinkles to add to their cookies.
I sent home two home work sheets to help review patterning and number sequencing with them. If they return it after break, they can pick out a prize for each completed page out of my prize bucket.
We loaded up their bags and I walked all the sweeties over to the park. They did a great job finding the eggs and we practiced counting up to 12 in the process

No comments: