Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thursday March 17th- Oval

 

Posted by Picasa
 

Posted by Picasa
 

Posted by Picasa
Downstairs we started with name practice and upstairs I had all sorts of green toys & manipulatives to play with for our holiday- St. Patrick’s Day! Legos, dupos, big plastic blocks, beads, nuts and bolts, links and color card matchups were what we played with. I did an oval practice with each child and an assessment at the bottom of what an oval is. Each child practiced their names and colored the ovals. I also took their pictures with the leprechaun hat and mustache for your shamrocks for your fridge.
Shiann helped me with shape practice and then we went into our calendar time. We counted like we were leprechauns (kneeling down with an accent) up to 17 (our date) and the kids had a fun time with it. I have to keep it changed up or else they get bored.  We practiced our Spanish, days of the week and months of the year. After that, we did weather time, our nursery rhyme and practiced our letter of the week- U. We wiggled and then ate our rainbow treat from Shiann- they were so excited to have something that went with the holiday. I told them that leprechauns hid their gold at the end of the rainbow and their snack was a definite rainbow! They had a bit of reading time and then I read Jack and the Leprechaun book to them to explain the holiday a bit to them. Then we were on our way with oval. We traced our heads because they are an oval shape and then I prepped all of them for painting time. We hadn’t painted in a child so I wanted them to be able to have fun with that today. They each painted their ovals- they were able to choose two colors that they wanted to paint with. I cleaned up the table and then we went right into painting with two other colors our “U” sheet for our binders. I felt if we were already in painting mode- might as well paint our other worksheet. I sent home – “A dish is an oval” that they can complete to review the shape at home. We practiced our sign and sounds again as I stamped their hands. Then I gave them each a little leprechaun hat and bag of goodies for the day. Hope that they enjoyed these.

No comments: