Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thursday April 14th- Easter egg hunt & party

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa
Our class started with playtime today since we were having a shorter class period due to going to the park for our Easter egg hunt. The children played with foam blocks, nuts & bolts, a floor puzzle of the Easter bunny and some Easter activities at the table that I had made for them. There was a small, medium and large bunny match up, putting the right amount of birds in the numbered nests and the letter E sort.
Garrett helped me pass out and pick up our shape review cards. Circle time was an overview of all the skills we had worked on Tuesday as well as reviewing the letter Y and its two sounds. We wiggled, ate our snacks and only explored books for a bit before we got into lesson time.
We had to finish our letter time that we didn’t have time for on Tuesday so we read our Y story about the young Yak who yelled “YUCK”- a great story to promote trying new foods instead of saying it is gross before you try it then we went to the table to color and practice the letter Y. They did a great job!
I read the students two books- My first Easter and Easter Babies- a counting book. They enjoyed each one. After that, each child traced their names on top of my highlighted practice. Then I gave them a bag of stickers to decorate their bags with. I collected those for our hunt and I allowed each child to pick a cookie and color frosting to decorate at home since we ran out of time (Hope they had fun with that ). I sent home a home work sheet to help review colors with them. If they return it after break, they can pick out a prize out of my prize bucket. We loaded up their bags and Mr. Josh helped me walk all the sweeties over to the park. They did a great job finding the eggs and we practiced counting up to 12 in the process.

No comments: