Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Friday March 18th- #17

 

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa
For our downstairs practice, we printed the letter I in capital and lowercase. Once that was completed they could stamp the letter I on the back of the sheet. Upstairs I had duplos and links ready for them to play with. It was a quiet class today because Jackson was out of town and Ethan was sick. I also had had water color paints out from my three year old class the day before and Nya wanted to paint so Nya, Benjamin and Campbell painted. The boys painted for literally 2 seconds and Nya did it for the play period.
We did a shapes review with shape cards. Once I called out a shape, they had to find the correct card. I am going to make some for colors as well so we can have them down for kindergarten. I had each child come and count out 17 “kites” for our #17 activity. We had our calendar time- counting to 31, learning #17 in Spanish and then counting up to it. We sang and danced to days of the week and Macarena Months and then Benjamin helped with weather time. We reviewed our sight words and our letter I then we had our wiggle song, snack time and book time afterwards. Benjamin shared his show and tells and then we were on to our lesson on the number 17.
We reviewed by counting in English and Spanish then I reviewed how to write the number 17. I told them that the 7 needs to look like a slide not a fireman’s pole- it has to have an angle to it. We went to the table for our 17 practice. First each child wrote their names on the paper then they started with printing the number 17. They did a great job! On the bottom was a dot to dot up to the number 17 and they mad e dump truck. Each child colored it after they finished. For the second #17 practice, they colored the grass and the sun and then had to glue on 17 kites flying in the sky.
For our last review of the letter I, each child cut out 6 words- 4 starting with the letter I and an inchworm. We put the inchworm in the inside and then glued our four words around the corners. They are started to recognize the letters before. At the beginning of the school year, we had a hard time with this activity but they all do a great job with it now. We reviewed our sign and sounds for the letter I again and we were done for the week.

No comments: