Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thursday April 7th- farm animals

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa
Today we started our day with name practice and then went upstairs to play with cars and trucks and Mr. Potato Head. My prep time was finished so I played with the kids. We got a little wacky with our circle time today. I did everything out of order to change our class time up a bit. We still practiced all of our skills we normally do as well as reviewing our letter X. We wiggled, ate snacks and checked out our book selection. I shared my show and tell and then we practiced our new nursery rhyme this month- Little Bo Peep. This nursery rhyme works great with our theme this month. We sang the song a couple of times and then went to the table to color our Little Bo Peep book. We sang the song again with looking at our books.
For lesson time, we reviewed all of our farm animal friends. We talked about sheep, pigs, horses, ducks, chickens and cows. I talked about the names of the moms, dads and babies and what kind of food they eat.
Afterwards we did a mom to baby match up with cards- they had to match the ducks, pigs and horses together correctly. At the table we matched the right colored pigs- brown to brown, black to black, white to white and pink to pink. They pasted their pictures on as we reviewed the colors as a class.
For letter time, we practiced our song and sign for the letter X. We crossed our arms to make an X and I taught them how to make an X on their papers on my white board. At the table, each child colored a xylophone and x-ray then we practiced the letter X. Some of us had a hard time going straight down but I reviewed with each child how to make the letter. As they were coloring I quizzed them on the sound of the letter and gave them their X stamp.

No comments: