Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mon Nov 14- making music

We practiced tracing some lines and then the students came upstairs to play with duplos, littlest pet shop and magnetic letters and shapes. I practiced the letter “M” with each student. Our star helped me with our circle time activities. We marched to counting up to 15. We met some new letter friends- Mary and Marsha Mouse. They are twins- Mary is merry or happy and Marsha is always mad! The students practiced the sound and sign for the letter M. I did some snacks too for a birthday treat for my special day- brownies with frosting.  I had the students color a Brown Turkey page for our Thanksgiving project. Our arts theme for the day was to making music. I discussed music and we listened to what is music and what is noise. I also had the students talk about their favorite instruments and we talked about how we can even make an instrument with our voices. Then I let the kids have a chance to play all the different instruments that I have. Afterwards, we did a patterning sheet of different instruments. For the letter “M” time, we read our M story and practiced the sound and the sign for the letter. We finished the day by completing the M practice by coloring the page. I gave them an M stamp on their hand and we were done. AM class-
 
Posted by Picasa
PM class-
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: