Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tues Nov 15- #4 day

We came upstairs to work on our names and then we worked with the number 4 with Miss Alisha’s help. I had duplos, babies, Littlest Pet shop and barbies for play time. At circle time, Aspen was my star and he helped with colors, shapes and dressing our weather friend at weather time. I introduced the class to the letter I and how it has two sounds- it says its name and “i” like icky or iguana which is who we read about for alpha tales time. We practiced the sounds and I read to them some other words that begin with the letter I. After we wiggled, we ate a fun snack and cupcake for my birthday- thanks Melissa! Aspen shared her show and tell and then we colored another page to our Brown Turkey books. For lesson time, I reviewed how to make the number four on my whiteboard and then we sang our numeral song and practiced our numbers up to four in the air. I then taught them four in Spanish- cuatro and I will be practicing more of our Spanish numbers at calendar time. I had the class come to the table and we put four bees in our number jars because a bee is an insect and that starts with I. The students then colored four friends with four toothbrushes and we gave each friend one. They had to cut out the toothbrushes and paste them on. For letter time, we practiced the letter I sounds and then I stamped the capital letter I on their hands. After that, I read Iguanas on Ice and this book was in your child’s folder to extra practice reading at home. That was our day- thanks again for making my birthday so special
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: