Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tues Nov 8- Brown day

At table time, we worked on our scissor skills and upstairs we had brown play dough time. I sent this home with your child. I hope they enjoyed playing with it more there. I scented it with real cinnamon and it smelled great! I also had Lincoln logs and Mr. Potato Head out to play with. I took each child aside to work on printing the letter H. I also measured them and stamped their handprints for our monthly binder sheet. Chelsea was our star of the week- she helped with colors, shapes and the weather. We also learned the “H” sound- it sounds like we are hot, just ran a long way and we need a drink. For the color brown, we read our brown poem and discussed all the things that are brown. I had the first page of our Brown Turkey book ready to color at the table. I gave the students some book time so I could prep for our next activity-we colored a page of a cat in a brown paper bag and then covered the brown bag with pieces of brown paper. The kids did a great job covering all the areas of the bag. I sent home the Brown book for an activity at home on our day off. For our “H” time, we read about Hide and seek hippo and we practiced sound again of the letter H. After we read, we colored our hearts on the H practice page. I gave them their stamps and we had completed our day!
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: