Saturday, November 26, 2011

Wed Oct 12- Fire Safety day

After scissor practice, we went upstairs to play with playdough, food and I had Emma’s animals out to observe. Our theme for the day was fire safety. We read about Firebears- the rescue team and how they helped when there was a fire and in emergencies. We discussed about how we need to crawl when there is smoke in the house. I have a tunnel that I had each child climbed through and practiced yelling for mom and dad when they do smell smoke. We talked about Stop, drop and roll and when we do this. We all practiced it and colored a worksheet about it and then put the pictures in order of what we do in the situation. I discussed the “My family is fire safe” worksheet- teaching about fire detectors and what they do and how it sounds so they are not scared when one does go off in your home. I hope that your family can create a fire safety route in case of a fire so your family is safe. For “L” time, I read “Red leaf, yellow leaf” and we practiced our sign and sound of the letter L. Each student completed their Lenny Lion letter friend. I stamped the little L on their hands fro review. I sent home the L practice and Lenny Lion coloring sheet to do at home- this isn’t home work- just an activity for our day off. AM class
 
Posted by Picasa
PM class
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: