Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thurs Nov 3- #3 day

The students started the day with having them trace their names on their Brown Turkey pages- this is a Thanksgiving book that we will completed throughout the month. I also traced their hands on the cover. Upstairs, I took each child aside to practice tracing the number 3. They played with the food, babies and links. During instruction time, I talked about the number three. We learned that three in Spanish is tres. We also sang the numeral song while making the numbers 1, 2, and 3 in the air. We will build on this song each time we learn another number. We saw our kitten poster and she had three leaves in her jar. For our 3 practice sheet, we put three apples in our jars. We also finished a 3 fire fighters worksheets. Each child colored it and cut the fire fighters out. For G time, we completed our G practice page by coloring the grasshopper on it and then I read Curious George goes to the library book to the class. To finish up the day, the students colored their Brown Turkey page. We practiced our sounds of the letter G and then I stamped each child’s hand as I reviewed their sounds with them.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: