Monday, February 28, 2011

Friday January 7th- Number 10

 
Posted by Picasa
We practiced our names again and then upstairs to play with all the dress up clothes. That only lasted for so long so we were on to the foam blocks. I measured each child to see how they have grown since the last month for our all about me pages for the month. Ethan helped me again with our letters and for calendar time, we worked on our days of the week, counting to 20 and we started a new practice- blastoff counting. We count from 10 to 1 and then the kids blast off- they love it and it gets some wiggles out. Letter time was all about our new sight word- See. I used my word whammer to show the students how the word sounds out. Then we practiced saying the word and reading the word from the board. In each of the students’ folders, I have started putting stickers for each of the sight words that we will be practicing for the next few months. Each student will practice writing them and I will practice with each of them during play time at the beginning of class starting Monday.

Ethan shared his show and tell with the class and then each child worked on their all about me sheet for January that will be another addition for our year end binders.
After snack time, the students looked at my large books all about the number ten and other books in the library. I read all of the large books about the number ten to the students and they enjoyed having such big pictures to look at. When we finished reading we sang our whole numeral song which we practice writing our numbers in the air. We also read our number 10 poem about our 10 little piggies. We wiggled our ten little fingers and toes to celebrate the number ten.
At the table, we practiced printing the number ten and then we glued ten “Bales of hay” on the wagon. I had each child practice touching each one and counting them. After that, we colored a kitten and gave it ten toys (stickers) to play with.
For letter time, we read our first story and I showed them the word see that we have been reviewing. We will continue to practice these so that your child feels confident in their skills.

No comments: