Monday, February 28, 2011

Thursday February 10th- Valentines Party

We started our day with name practice and then went upstairs to play with our big plastic blocks, star wars toys and Mr. Potato head. Tyler helped with our star of the week duties. We had our calendar, weather and letter time. After snack time, Tyler shared his show and tell with the class. I wanted to make sure that we got our normal letter time in before the party, so we each colored and practiced the letter Q. After that, we had story time. I read “Bob the Builder’s Valentines” (Tyler’s request), “How do dinosaurs say I love you?” and “Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse!”. I wanted to share the last one with the class since this is what I gave them for their valentines this year. We went back over to the table to make valentines for our parents and then we created our valentine containers to hold our valentines from our friends. We came back to the floor for one more story-“Emily’s Valentine Party”. We then went to the table and colored a cookie can be a heart worksheet. After that, I cleaned up the table and prepped for our cookie decorating time and the students explored the books. Once I was ready, we had everyone come back to the table and decorate their cookies and then eat them up. They didn’t last long. :) Once we were done with our yummy treat, it was time to exchange our valentines. The kids loved this and were so excited to share what they had brought for each other. I practice the Q sound again with them and we were done with our Valentines party!

No comments: