Monday, February 28, 2011

Thursday January 20th- I can work with my friends

 
Posted by Picasa

Downstairs, we practiced our names and then walked upstairs to play with Mr. Potato Head and foam blocks. Before we began class, I took a picture of all of our friends in class.
Payten helped with shapes and colors. I did a review of our shapes and we practiced them in the air. We counted up to 15 and we also practiced our numbers we have learned so far in Spanish- up to 6. We have been learning the months of the year. We learned April today. I do a simple review with them each class and then once we learn them all, I will teach them the song to go along.
For N time, we practiced our sound and the sign again. I also reviewed some of the things around us that begin with the N sound. After alphabet boogie and wiggle time, we had our snacks. I printed out our friend picture for each student.
We had book time then went into out lesson. I first read “How do dinosaurs play with their friends?” and I asked how we play with our friends. I gave them examples of how we played today. Then I read the story “I can work with my friends” and we discussed how the friends in the story worked together. I then divided the students up into teams. Our class has a bit of a problem with just playing with their one friend and not playing with the others. Because of changes and new students, our dynamics have changed in class. I divided the students with someone that they normally don’t play with so we can change things up. I had each team sit in a different area and they had to work together to finish the puzzles I gave them. They did really good and I think I might do that more often.
I brought them back together and we did our N activity at the table. I practiced the letter N with each child and helped them with their names. They did some extra art on the back too. We practiced our sound and I gave them a stamp. We had some extra time at the end of class so we did some more puzzle time :)

No comments: