Monday, February 28, 2011

Wednesday January 26th- Places we receive health care

 
Posted by Picasa
Wednesdays is for practicing our names so we did that first before we headed upstairs. We played with foam blocks, big plastic blocks, animals and I had my light board out and x-rays that I got for the kids to explore. They enjoyed looking at the bones and body parts on the x-rays.
Zach helped me our again with letter practice. Then we had our normal calendar time- counting, talking about the month, days of the week and months of the year songs and weather time. We continued to practice the letter X- its sound and sign. We had our wiggle time, snacks, library time and then show and tell with Zach- the kids enjoyed his show and tells this week! Then we were on to talking about health care- I discussed where they go when they need to get feeling better or just for a healthy check up. Doctor’s offices or the hospital is the place to go to receive medical attention. I showed the kids my play medical kit and all the things that they would see when they go to the doctor’s. Then I brought over my light table and showed them exactly what they were looking at on the x-rays. I had one of a person’s head and Benjamin said that it looked scary so he closed his eyes- I got through them quickly so that I wouldn’t have any scared students :)
After that we talked about what else needs to be taken care of and I started to discuss the dentist and how they help to keep our teeth healthy and strong. I read “Just going to the Dentist” book to help them understand what goes on when they do go to the dentist. It seems that they all have gone before so we talked about their visits and what happened to them at the dentist.
For letter time, we had a worksheet that showed three different x-rays and the students had to figure out what body part was being shown in the x-rays. On the back there was a coloring page of our letter friend Xavier the X-ray expert.
After stamps, signing and sounding out our letter our day was complete!

No comments: