Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday January 31st- Dental Health

We started our Monday with scissor practice. I have started giving them more difficult practice sheets and they are rising up to the challenge. Upstairs I had my play food and other “household” items out, Little People sets, Star Wars characters, and my big trucks. Benjamin was my star this week and he helped me with reviewing our letters we have learned so far. We had calendar time- counting all the way to 31 today for the date. After our Spanish and blastoff counting, we sang Days of the week and months of the year. I started teaching them the movements to our months of the year song. Afterwards, we talked about the weather. Because we didn’t have a letter to focus on today for circle time, we practiced all of our sight words and learned a new one- meet. We got all our wiggles out with our songs and had snack time. Afterwards, Benjamin shared his show and tell. For our lesson we talked about dental health. February is dental health month so I wanted to focus on this theme. We did a discussion on what things are good for our teeth and what is bad. I showed them how to brush their teeth in a circular motion and we talked about the dentist. I sent home the book-“I went to the dentist” for them to add to your library- I hope they enjoy this book :) I also sent home a brushing schedule to fill out. If they return it, they get to pick out a prize. At the table, we did a toothbrush counting worksheet. They had to find the correct number and glue it next to the number. My younger crew needs more help with counting at home please. For a special treat, I found a Blue’s Clues all about teeth and our bodies. I thought it was a great way to end our day and our themes for the month.

No comments: