Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fri Jan 13th- #10

Students worked on the letter O printing and then stamped the O’s in orange. They played with big blocks, animals and nuts and bolts. We were working on the number 10 today so I took each child aside to work on printing and counting up to the number 10. They glued ten “Bales of hay” on the wagon and I had each child practice touching each one and counting them. For calendar time, our star helped with the responsibilities. We counted like we were otters swimming in the water going left and right up to 20 and I sang in opera for our weather time. I am sure your kids think I am crazy! After weather time, we reviewed the letter O again and listened to our vowel song and then we went on to wiggle and snack time. I discussed Martin Luther King Jr. day and I read a story about how big his dream was and then I asked the children their dream. For number time, we reviewed what ten was in the Spanish which is diez. Then we counted up to 10 in Spanish and English. Afterwards we sang the numeral song and danced at the end because we had finished the song! The students colored a kitten and gave it ten toys (stickers) to play with. To finish ten day, I read two stories about the number 10- 10 little puppies and a feast for 10. Both which are big books so they enjoyed looking at the large illustrations. For letter time, each child completed an O octopus and we practiced the sounds to the letter o again before each child got a little o on their hand and we were finished for a long weekend!

No comments: