Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thurs Feb 16th- STAR day

Thursdays begin with scissor practice at the table and then the children played with Lincoln logs, Littlest Pet Shop and puzzles. We were missing two of our friends so it was a small class today. I worked on two things with the kids today- we were busy! We practiced tracing, recognizing and coloring a star and printing the letter R. Kayden helped us start to review our color words and then we counted hopping like rabbits to 25 and up to 7 in Spanish. During our calendar time, we reviewed the date, sang our songs and talked about our weather. For alphabet time, we boogied and then practiced our letter R by reviewing how to print it and the sound. We sang our ABC song to review all the letters and their sounds. After we finished, we wiggled, ate snacks and looked at our books. Kayden shared his show and tell- bowling which all the students tried out. For nursery rhyme time, we sang our nursery rhyme and I had the kids did it by themselves. If I saw them singing the whole song, then they were able to pick out a prize in my prize box. They all did a great job! For class time, we reviewed and sang our planet song. I talked about the difference of a star in outer space and the shape of the star. I read “There was a bold lady who wanted a star” and then we went to the table to complete our star page. They colored the shape and then added star stickers all over it. I also gave each student a big super star sticker to wear. For letter time, we read Rosie Rabbit’s Radish and found all the words that start with the letter R in the story. We completed our R page from the morning by coloring a rainbow. I had a rainbow song that I played for the class as they colored. To review R a little more, we practiced the sound and then read “If I had a robot” story. I had “make your own” robot stickers and we came to the table for each child to create their own robot. After they finished, I gave them an r stamp on their hand as they reviewed the sound with me and then we were done for the week!

No comments: