Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thurs Jan 19th- I can work with my friends

Thursdays start with scissor practice and then I pulled each child aside for letter N printing practice. The kids played with Lincoln logs, littlest pet shop, puzzles and cars and trucks. Jax helped with circle time and today we wiggled like a noodle as we counted to 20. We blasted off counting from 10 to 1 and reviewed our date, days of the week and we are learning our months of the year. We got to September today. We practiced the letter N again and worked on our ABC song. We got to X today so we will have it all learned next week! We read a dinosaur story for Jax’s show and tell today and then we practiced Humpty Dumpty by putting the pictures of the story in order and singing to the song. I first read “How do dinosaurs play with their friends?” and I asked how we play with our friends. I gave them examples of how we played today. Then I read the story “I can work with my friends” and we discussed how the friends in the story worked together. I then divided the students up into teams. Our class has a bit of a problem with just playing with their one friend and not playing with the others. Because of changes and new students, our dynamics have changed in class. I divided the students with someone that they normally don’t play with so we can change things up. I had each team sit in a different area and they had to work together to finish the puzzles I gave them. They did really good and I think I might do that more often. We practiced our colors and scissor skills with the matching paint page. After we completed that, we sat and practiced our sound and I gave them a stamp. Then I brought them back to the table for our N time- they colored their N worksheet from earlier in the day. We had some extra time at the end of class so we did some more book time.

No comments: