Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wed Mar 7th- #16 & Bailey's birthday

Today we practiced printing the letter G since we will not have school on Friday. The students played with little people and magnets for play time. I pulled the students aside to work on the number 16. Today I taught that the number 16 in Spanish is diez y sies. The students traced and printed the number 16 and then had to find 16 socks and color them on the worksheet. We said our pledge, Cole helped with reviewing our color words, we counted to 16 while we galloped and then counted to 16 in Spanish. We talked about our week and the date then the class sang days of the week in Spanish. I went right into weather time and then ABC boogie. We reviewed our letter G- its sounds, the sign and how it is a sneaky letter. I also talked more to the class about our word family –at. I showed them the word wheel that we would be using and taking home today. I talked about all the words on the wheel and how they rhyme because they have the same ending sound. Bailey picked out our wiggle song because she was the birthday girl today and then we had yummy cupcakes and graham crackers for snacks. Sorry for the green lips coming home- it was quiet the adventure with the March cupcakes  the kids LOVED them!! The class then looked at books and Cole shared his show and tell. I went right into class time and the number 16. I reviewed with the class how we write the number16- with the 1 first and then the 6. We practiced our counting in English and Spanish then we went over to the table to work on our counting. The worksheet was a coloring a cake and then each child had to add 16 candles to it. They really had to pay attention to how many candles they had made and how many more they would need. For sight word time, I gave each child their own word wheel and we reviewed each word that was on it. After that, we went to the table and I gave the students the “in the hat” poem page. I had the students circle the –at words that they could find. This was easier for some than others but all the students are on different levels so I am not worried. We all worked through the activity and then I read the poem and the kids had to raise their hands fast if they heard an –at word in the poem. For letter time, we practiced our sounds and sign for the G then went over to color the Goose in a Garden page that we had practiced on Monday. After they completed that, we went right into the G letter friend-Gopher. I think they were adorable! They really do enjoy making these. For the last part of class, I stamped each child’s hand as they told me the two sounds. Once we lined up, we were finished for the day!

No comments: