Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thurs Feb 9th- pink & heart

Today started with scissor practice and then I had a few activities for the students to participate in. I had made pink play dough for each of them and I had all of my heart cookie cutters out for playing with. I also had Mr. Potato Head, beads and animals out to explore too. I pulled each child aside to work on the heart shape. Once we completed that project, the students played some more and then we cleaned up. Anthony helped again with circle time responsibilities. Today we first blast off counted and them counted like queens to Kayden’s birthday- the 21st. I also figured out how many more days it was to his special day. We sang and danced, figured out the weather and worked on the letter Q. Snack time was great and social and then we had Anthony’s show and tell. For nursery rhyme time, we practiced singing Hey Diddle Diddle and then I had 5 little puppets for each student waiting at the table to color. After we all finished we sang to the song with our puppets. Because I had two different topics to cover our day was busy. I talked to the students how to make the color pink and read the pink poem about pink lemonade and pink bubblegum. None of the students knew how to make pink it so I gave them red and white finger paint and had them create their own pink paint. Then each child painted their heart shape with their paint at the table. After we painted, I read Pinkalious and then we went over to the table to complete our Pink booklets. We talked about what kind of things are pink that we can find in the world around us. We put this in their folders along with their puppets and I then talked and reviewed the heart and how to make its shape. Each child has “homework” in their folder of reviewing this shape. For letter time, we practiced our sound with our song and then I gave everyone a lowercase q stamp on their hand. We talked about our valentine’s party on Tuesday and what to expect and that completed our day!

No comments: