Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wed Jan 11th- honesty

The students began with scissor practice and then they played with tweezers and puffs, little people and shape puzzles. Today I started my assessments of the students. This is time consuming so if your child hasn’t had one in their folder- I am working on it and hopefully it will be done by the end of the month. Cole helped with circle time activities and we counted to 20 pretending we were octopus in the ocean swimming up and down in the water. We finished calendar time and worked on the letter O and our sight words- see and Sam. Our theme for the day was honesty. We talked about what honesty means and then we read our story- I can be honest to explain honesty in simple terms. We learned that it is important to tell the truth and be honest. I read the story- “I can tell the truth” and it gave the students the chance to find the truthful answer and be willing to make that correct choice. I also told “The boy who cried wolf” story to them. We learned that it is important not to lie and to be honest in all things. For O time, we practiced the sounds and sign for O and then did a maze to get Ollie Otter back to the office. On the back of the worksheet was the Ollie Otter coloring sheet that your child colored. For our story, we read Olivia and all the fun that she had with her pet cat. After that we lined up and I gave each child a lowercase o on their hands and we reviewed our names.

No comments: